This release fixes all issues that were reported by users in v1.0.
The most important changes are summarized below.
Changes since v1.0.7
- Added support for using LVM volumes as backup device
- Added user prompt for taking pre-restore snapshot
- Added exclude entries for root user's home directory
- Updated command line options
- Reduced the default number of backups for all backup levels
- Deleting all snapshots will delete the /timeshift directory
- Moved code for estimating system size to separate thread
Changes since v1.0.0
- Added /home/*/.gvfs to exclude list
- Fixed an issue where scheduled backups are sometimes skipped
- Fixed an issue with detection of root device
- Fixed an issue with deletion of snapshots in Ubuntu 12.04
- Added Italian translation by tomberry88
- Installer for non-Ubuntu systems
BTRFS volumes are currently not supported by TimeShift. If your system is installed on a BTRFS volume, please do not use TimeShift. Trying to restore a snapshot will cause the volume to fill up.
If you are using the following Ubuntu releases (or any of its derivates like Kubuntu, Xubuntu, Linux Mint) then you can install it from the LaunchPad PPA:
- Ubuntu 12.04 (precise)
- Ubuntu 12.10 (quantal)
- Ubuntu 13.04 (raring)
- Ubuntu 13.10 (saucy)
Run the following commands in a terminal window:
sudo apt-add-repository -y ppa:teejee2008/ppa sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install timeshift
Other Linux Distributions
Download the installer from the following links:
Run it from a terminal window using the following commands:
sh ./timeshift-latest-i386.run #32-bit sh ./timeshift-latest-amd64.run #64-bit
Depending on the distribution that you are using, you may need to install packages for the following dependencies:
libgtk-3 libgee2 libsoup libjson-glib rsync
Support This Project
This software is free for personal and commercial use and is licensed under the GNU General Public License. If you find this software useful and wish to show your support, please consider purchasing a support subscription using the PayPal link below.
What you get when you purchase a support subscription:
- Technical support through email for any issues faced while using the application.
- Features requests will be given higher priority.
- People donating $10 or more will have their name listed as a sponsor.