Aptik v17.4 is now available.
Improved App Settings
- Application settings window now displays a simplified list of items instead of listing the config directories in your home folder. Multiple directories created by an application will be listed as a single item.
- User dropdown now displays an option for "All Users". This displays a combined list of applications from all user home directories. Clicking the "Backup" button will create separate backups for each user on the system.
- Selected items will be remembered by Aptik and pre-selected when you open the application again. This saves time if you backup the same applications every time.
- This version uses a new folder layout to create backups for application settings. Backups created with previous versions of Aptik are not compatible with this version.
- Fixed: The application would crash sometimes while downloading packages
- Fixed: Clicking links in About and Donate windows did not work with Chrome as the browser was launched as root user. The browser will now be launched as a normal user.
- Added Swedish translation by Åke Engelbrektson
Various minor issues were fixed.
Ubuntu-based Distributions (Ubuntu, Linux Mint, etc)
Packages are available in the Launchpad PPA for supported Ubuntu releases.
Run the following commands in a terminal window:
sudo apt-add-repository -y ppa:teejee2008/ppa sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install aptik
For older Ubuntu releases which have reached end-of-life, DEB and RUN files can be downloaded from the Releases page.
DEB and RUN files can be downloaded from the Releases page.
Other Linux Distributions
This application is meant to be used only on Ubuntu-based distributions. It depends on apt and other debian-specific tools to backup and restore packages. There are currently no plans to add support for other package managers and distributions.
If you find this application useful and wish to say thanks, you can make a donation via Paypal to show your support. You could also sign up as a sponsor on Patreon.com. People who donate get access to beta releases of new applications during the development stage, and extra features in the final release.